Friday, April 5, 2013

Rockin Robin

Yesterday someone posted a link of my Facebook page to a project where someone sewed little stuffed birds to use in a mobile.  You can see the adorableness here.

Too cute, right?  I had to try.  My bird didn't turn out quite as well as theirs, but considering that I don't sew three-dimensional things and don't sew by hand very often, I think it was a good first attempt.


Hello, bluebird!

They offer the PDF pattern for free here if you want to sew up some birds of your own. It was really quick, although I did cheat and use my machine to sew up half of it.  However, I might cut out a bunch of pattern pieces and bring it as a hand sewing project to my quilt guild's next sewing days in the summer.  I love bringing my Singer 66 hand crank to sew on, but I'm almost into my seventh month of pregnancy and that thing is HEAVY.  I can only lug it around for so long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment