Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Binding

After months of work (actually, a few months of work and many months of not-working because of pregnancy and having a newborn) my mom's quilt is finally at the binding stage.


I had originally hoped to just wrap the backing of the quilt around to the front and sew it down as kind of a pseudo-binding, but I didn't quite have enough.  So I guess I'll have to do real binding.  I'm not sure if I'll do it by hand or by machine...probably by machine, otherwise it would take a year to finish.  I'm so slow at hand binding.

After this is done I can finally finish my scrappy log cabin quilt, and then maybe start a new project.  I feel like it's been forever since I've shopped for fabric for a new project...it'll be so nice to do it!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it is very hard to wait to start a new project! How exciting to be almost finished!

    ReplyDelete