Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Done with the quilting

This evening I started and finished the quilting portion of my daughter's lap quilt.  Since it was only a little over three feet across and consisted of eight rows of eight squares, it was really easy to follow the seams in the quilt top and zip through the quilting stage.  Next I just have binding, and since my husband works on Friday night I might be able to get it done.

That means I'd be able to concentrate entirely on my mother-in-law's Christmas gift quilt.  She was admitted to the hospital this evening for testing, and it looks like she might be heading toward surgery and a stay in a rehabilitation facility so she can do physical therapy.  I think having a quilt would make it feel more homey and brighter.  Plus, my husband thinks that she'd really like to have a quilt that I made.

My MIL's taste definitely leans more toward floral and cute than my taste does.  I do like a good floral print, but I like mine to be more modern while she prefers the traditional romantic look.  So, in search of a fabric we'll both like, I found this.  It's from the Fandango collection by Kate Spain for Moda.


I may actually have to buy double the yardage so I can make something for myself out of this.  I think it's so pretty.

And this is the quilt I'll be making.  I've never done half-square triangles, but it looks do-able.  Also, I probably won't do as many colors in the star.  I love that look, but this isn't a quilt for me. 

I love starting out a new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment