Sunday, October 16, 2011

My daughter's quilt

I finished a lap quilt for my daughter.  It's small, but so is she.  It's only three feet by three feet, which is a good size for her to drag around.

Here's a close-up of some of the fabrics.  Half of them were from a Moda charm pack, and the rest were squares that I cut.  I especially love the lemon fabric.


And the whole thing, finished.  It's so bright and cheery.  I almost wish that I had made a bigger one for me to cuddle up with.
Yesterday I picked up fabric for my mother-in-law's quilt.  Damn that's a lot of pink.  It's like being hit in the face with joy.  I'm not a big fan of pink, but I think she'll like it.  And actually, I liked the print in the middle so much that I bought an extra one for myself.  So pretty!

I cut up the prints yesterday and today I hope to cut up the background fabric today.  Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment