Modern quilts, old sewing machines, and everything in between.
Monday, November 28, 2011
I finally finished the quilting portion of my mother-in-law's quilt. I ordered some fabric for the binding online since I wasn't brave enough to go to the craft store on Thanksgiving weekend. I hope it comes soon so I can finish this up.
I did some echo quilting, which is the first time I've done anything but stitch in the ditch quilting. I drew the lines in pencil, but I think it'll come out in the wash.
It's not entirely even. Hopefully she won't notice.
I also spent the weekend re-covering a lampshade. I couldn't find tutorials online for how to do a tapered lampshade like this, and after an hour of working with it I found out why...because re-covering a tapered lampshade is a GIANT PAIN. Seriously, don't even bother.
I do like how it turned out, though. But next time I want to re-cover a lampshade I'm definitely going to hit the thrift store and pick up a cheap drum shade. This was awful.