Monday, November 21, 2011

Quilting the star quilt

I've been busy lately - work has been crazy and my husband has been working shorter and fewer shifts, so he's around the house more.  More husband time = less quilting time.  Which isn't a bad thing, but it does make me a touch nervous about finishing my mother-in-law's quilt by Christmas.

Right now I'm at the quilting stage (no pictures, sorry).  Since this is a gift for someone else I'm trying to go slow and be careful, and it's turning out okay so far.  I've only worked on the white portions of the quilt.  I'm still debating about how to quilt inside the star.  We'll see.

I'm also getting ready for Black Friday, because I got some great coupons in the mail for my local Jo-Ann store.  I have a tough time finding quilting fabric I love at Jo-Ann.  I do buy flannel and fleece to sew things for the kids, but most of the quilting fabric isn't exactly my taste.  However, I have a couple of coupons for 40% off one item or 20% off your whole purchase, and I might use them to stock up on fiberfill, wide backing fabric, and other stuff that isn't as fun but is really necessary.  I love a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment