Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WIP Wednesday

My work in progress is my tumbling blocks quilt.  I'm so beyond frustrated with free motion quilting.

The thing that drives me crazy is that I've done FMQ on another quilt already.  I know I'm capable, and my machine is capable.  It's just not working this time!

I think I need to just go back and practice some more on scraps.  It's been months since I did FMQ and I think I've just forgotten how.  I've re-read some tutorials and I just need to sit down and try it again.

I've also been working on some mug rugs with my hand crank machine.  At least that's going okay.  I also started cutting pieces for my next quilt, which will have lots of Dresden plate flowers.  I'll start that as soon as I'm done with my tumbling blocks quilt. 

I should get going on that.

1 comment:

  1. Two things. 1. Your new header looks great! 2. Have you tried wearing grippy gardening gloves? I cut the index finger out of my right hand so I can take pins out and absolutely cannot quilt w/o them on.

    ReplyDelete