Saturday, July 28, 2012

Double slice quilt top

Yesterday I finished my quilt top.  Well, except for borders.  I'm still debating about including a border.

I hung it on our clothes line to photograph, and my daughter spotted it.


Here she's saying, "Is mine quilt!"  She's claimed it already.


This is the first quilt that I've pieced entirely without electricity.  I used my model 27 treadle machine to piece the blocks, and I used my model 66 with a hand crank to sew them all together.  It was very do-able, and kind of fun.

I don't have any backing fabric and it'll be a while before I can get to the fabric store.  I guess I'll be working on the Dresden plate quilt until then.

5 comments:

  1. Oh it is lovely and what a treasure all made on your beautiful Singer! Congratulations on your accomplishment and hope your daughter enjoys it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilt and adorable little girl, thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both quilt and child are adorable! And when I finished my very first quilt, my daughter, then the same age as yours, looked at it with big eyes and said "For me?" So of course it was!
    Cheryl Warren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! How lovely that your daughter immediately appreciated what she saw!
    Do you have a people powered machine on which to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete