I even bought a new foot to try to make free motion quilting easier. It improved somewhat, but that polyester really is resistant. The foot works great on cotton, though! And as a bonus, not only does it fit on my vintage Kenmore, it also fits on my Singer 27! I was suspicious of the low price, but it really does work well.
Speaking of low price, check out this $10 Craigslist find.
A Singer 15-91! I put an ad on Craigslist saying that I was looking to buy a 15-91, but if people wanted to email the serial numbers of their machines I'd tell them if it was something I was interested in. I got an email from a woman with a model 27 who really wanted it to go to a good home where it could be restored. What can I say, I'm a sucker. I agreed to buy it, even though it's exactly the same as the model 27 I already have. My mom wanted a treadle base to turn into a decorative table, so I thought I could give her the base and keep the machine part for extra parts. I figured I just wouldn't buy a 15 this summer, but then this one came along at a steal of a price.
Of course, it does need some help.
Check out those water marks. Don't drink and sew! Also, I need to clean my basement.
The power switch. It's a knee controller.
So I'll have two machines to work on this summer. That will keep me occupied, along with finishing the tumbling blocks quilt and making progress on piecing my Dresden plate quilt. Of course, that's in addition to playing with the kids, and getting ready for the upcoming school year...the next six weeks are going to be busy!