Sunday, August 19, 2012

Appliqué done!

I'm finally done with the applique portion of my Dresden block quilt!  I wound up sewing the middles on by hand.  When I sewed the big circles on I had to rotate the entire quilt to keep the edge I was sewing under the needle.  I wasn't sure if I could turn the quilt enough to make a circle with a smaller radius.

I don't like hand sewing, but I parked myself on the couch and fired up my Netflix and just did it.

I'm pleased with it so far.  It's really imperfect, but I'm proud for my first attempt.

I used this tutorial to make the circles in the middle.  They didn't come out perfectly - I got the impression that it's easier with bigger circles - but they're good enough.

So now it's on to basting and quilting.  It feels weird to have two quilts in the quilting stage.  I also need to figure out how to quilt this thing...I was thinking about just doing loose, curved lines to suggest wind.  I'll have to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment