Friday, August 3, 2012

Continuing the log cabin

I'm nearly halfway done piecing blocks for my scrappy log cabin quilt!  These aren't all of the blocks, but it's enough to get an idea.


When you're close to the blocks you can't really see the pattern...it isn't until you step back that it's apparent.  That's kind of neat.  Once I reach the halfway point I should start pressing the blocks, because pressing will take forever if I wait until the end. 

I had wanted to make the entire quilt out of scraps, but I think I may have to break down and get a couple fat quarters of green and orange fabric.  Those are two colors that I don't have many scraps of, and I'm trying to get all of the colors of the rainbow represented at least once in each block.  I don't know if I have the patience to sew a green quilt and an orange quilt just so I can finish this project.

Tomorrow if the kids cooperate I'm going fabric shopping to get, among other things, border and backing fabric for my double slice quilt.  I'm going to try quilting it on my Singer 27 treadle...I'm apprehensive about the idea of using it for quilting, but I'm going to try.  It'll be an interesting experiment either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment